On Cloud 9

October 17, 2009

Grandpa Grace


(I wish i had a more up to date pic but I don't on my computer)

This time 2 years ago our Grandpa Grace left this earth to go live with our Heavenly Father.  I just wanted to write a little tribute to him so Grandpa and everyone one else knows how much I  love him and how much I truly miss him!  There are so many wonderful things to say about him its hard to only pick a few but as I was laying in bed last night wonderful memories filled my head and I felt a certain piece of comfort that he was around and thinking of me too! Some of my favorite memories of Grandpa were these..

1. Ever since I was a little girl and up until the last few months of his life, every time I came over to visit I would walk into the family room where Grandpa was watching cartoons (usually bugs bunny) and I would say " Hi Gramps, how ya doin" and he would say " Well hello there come over give me a hug but first SHOW ME YOUR SERIOUS FACE"! I would shoot him a glance with no smile and see how long I could last.  I was pretty good at it when i was younger but as I grew older it was hard to look at my Grandpa and not smile! But for some reason Grandpa loved my serious face and it was our little thing.. I miss it!

2. I think we can all agree that there are so many good memories of Grandpa during Onion days but I remember this one year in particular because we made out with a hall. My sisters and cousins decide one year to sale snow cones at the carni, Grandpa didn't think the people of Payson would be so generous and buy any from us! So Grandpa said " What ever you guys make ill double it". (Probably only thinking we would make 5 or so dollars) Agreeing quickly to his offer with a hidden smirk behind our grins (Grandpa didn't know we were the best snow cones sales women ever).  We ended up making about 40 dollars and Grandpa was shocked but he kept his word and payed up! He was actually very impressed! 

3. Like Walter from the movie the Burbs Grandpa and Grandma "He has the best yard on the block.. and you know why"... because they were both out there day and night taking care of the lawn and the rose bushes! One day I remember pulling up to their house and Grandpa was mowing his lawn on one of the rideable lawn mowers, and all the kids jumped out of the car and asked if we could go for a ride, the loving and generous guy Grandpa was said "Sure everyone can have a turn". I loved riding around with him, he made something so small and simple something I will remember forever!

4. Every time I listen to the song Abide with Me; 'Tis Eventide I will always think of my Grandpa, and how much I love him! Listening to that song of course makes me cry with out fail but it also helps me think of all the good times we shared together. Grandpa was an amazing man he was so sweet, kind, and loving, he truly was the BEST GRANDPA IN THE WORLD! We love you so much and miss you terribly! 

I just want to say how happy we are to still have my Grandma Grace here with us and she is the best reminder of Grandpa! :) I love you Grandma I hope you doing well!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

That is so sweet. I miss Grandpa too! You are a good story teller, its fun to hear your memories of Grandpa!

Cason and Marie said...

Such a sweet post. I love you!

Brianne and Brandon said...

I miss Gramps too. Thanks for reminding me all of the fun memories.