On Cloud 9

October 13, 2009

Where to begin!

It's raining its pouring and I don't have to work, so i figured this would be the best time to start our blog! But where to being... John and I have been married 10 months and have shared many wonderful memories together and with our friends and family so i figure i will just post some of our more recent pics and moments! We hope you enjoy! 

Halloween goodness 
After a long day or work and school John and I were so excited to finally come home and open our Halloween surprise! Of course my mom had it packed to the brim, it was full of the best Halloween treats and cutest Halloween decorations ever!(which our apt needs badly) We just want to say thank you. Thank you, we loved it so much and truly appreciate all the thought, time, and money that was put into this package! 






Banana Bread
After a very long day of work i walked into our apt. and the smell of very over ripe banana's almost knocked me to the floor. I immediately ran to my computer and looked at the recipe for banana bread! So attempting this without a sifter and never making this before, i just jumped right in and within 15 Min's I had some thing in the oven... keeping my fingers crossed and having hope, John walks in and says "Yum banana bread!" Pleased with myself I said come over and check it out! I opened the oven and the loving guy, John says, "Is that what banana bread supposed to look like"? I shut the oven and say " I don't know but its not about what it looks like but how it tastes" RIGHT? well 2 hours later we tried it, and it was delicious!



Date Night
John and I try to go on at least one date a week whether it be going to get ice cream, dinner, movie, bowling, going to the temple or a combination! We decided last week we wanted to go bowling and to Mimi's Cafe. Neither of us had gone bowling for over a year so we thought it sounded fun! As we are getting ready to start our very intense bowling game, I start practicing my old bowling class moves and John is picking the winning ball I decide to go fist and of course my fist bowl is a strike :) but that wasn't the best part the lane next to us was a family full of energy but no teeth, the ladies starting yelling " YOU GO GIRL, YOU SHOW THIS PINS WHO'S BOSS"!! It was hilarious, they made comments like that all night. When John got a strike and of course started doing some dance moves the ladies chanted " YOU GO BOY, SHOW US THOSE DANCE MOVES" and they started dancing too! They were so fun it made our bowling night so much better! Then two lanes over we saw Tim and we could not help but take this picture, Tim was so cute and he inspired John and I to always keep blowing no matter how old we get! It was a great date night.. Thanks Johnny






10 comments:

Stevenson Family said...

That sounds like a rockin' time at the alley! Atta boy Tim!

Brooke said...

I made the banana bread too, and I figured out that it looks lighter than most banana bread because it calls for white sugar instead of brown - so in this case yes it is suppose to look like that. Yours look like it turned out perfecto. (By the way, the Stevenson Family comment was me, I forget to sign our friend Brad out, but it makes you look more popular).

Brent and Jessica said...

You finally started your blog!! :)

Cason and Marie said...

Yay! Glad you joined the club! You two are one cute couple. And you have such a sweet mom! I love her! and you too!

Hayley Baum said...

woohoo! A blog! You guys are darling-- don't let me forget I still need to give you the crepe recipe... I haven't pulled out a single cookbook or attempted to cook since K left, so I'm sorry! I've spaced it!

You guys are darling.

Brianne and Brandon said...

That old man is my favorite. I wish I could have seen him bowl. Your apt is darling it is very homey. Thanks for blogging KEEP IT UP!

Kimberly Ngarupe said...

becks, i am in utah visiting and chelsey jackson did my hair on saturday and told me you moved to san francisco. are you liking it? i love that city.

Jessica Rae said...

BECKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have a blog!!! Keep it updated daily... Trust me I would never get bored reading about your life:) I love you! I miss you! You guys look blissfully happy.

Larry and Ashley said...

Aw you guys are so cute!! I'm so glad that you finally started your blog. The bread looks fantastic and I want some! And the little Halloween goodie basket your mom sent...SO CUTE! I love it! Miss you Becks!

Anonymous said...

Banana bread always looks a bit dark. Totally normal. Your blog is cute. Keep writing lots. We all like a good read now and then. Cute decor! So festive!